Wednesday, July 29, 2020

I’M BACK!

As some of you may have noticed, I have been on an extended vacation from blogging. During that time, I had fun doing all kinds of things that it is no longer safe to do…. So, what is one to do when just going outside can put your life at risk? Stay inside and blog, of course! The current plan is to tidy up some of the existing posts, and broaden the topic areas covered in future posts; that could change.

Clean-Up

Over the next month or so I plan to tidy things up a bit. I hope to fix the broken links to web pages of years past. In addition, Google, Blogger, and others have made some technical changes that have negatively impacted the blog. I’ll try to clean that up too.

Some other posts are technically fine, but the data needs to be updated. A prime example is the calculator that computes inflation from any year in the past (beginning in 1900) to “now.” It uses the CPI-U at the beginning of each year to do the computation. I need to add recent years. Unfortunately, I suspect some legacy posts may prove too difficult to bring up-to-date to be worth the effort that it would take to do so. We’ll have to see.

{October update: This is waaay more work than I ever imagined. It will take at least six to twelve months to get everything updated! If you want to be kept up-to-date on new and updated posts, follow me on Twitter at @Obsandnotes } 

Broader Focus

Finally, I intend to begin posting about topics outside the realm of finance; I’ll include things which are more related to current events. In the past, I have almost always attempted to be as objective as possible in my posts and avoid expressing my opinion. In future posts, not so much.

As always, thanks for reading!


Copyright © 2020 Last modified: 10/19/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

No spam, please! Comment spam will not be published. See comment guidelines here.
Sorry, but I can no longer accept anonymous comments. They're 99% spam.